Yes, it's been a while since I've posted. If I spent as much time working on my 23 things, instead of thinking about them, I'd be done already! School is off to a good start for me and my family. Now, with a few weeks finished, I'm ready to get back to work!
I thought I had done thing 9, but here we go. I subscribed to a few RSS feeds. I have found some nice school library news and learned about a free online time line maker. through Tom Snyder's Timeliner software. It's free online or $1,200 to buy. Here's the link. http://www.free-timeline.com/timeline.jsp I love time lines.
I've also been reading about my beloved NY Giants and catching up on Unshelved, the Library Comic. Always good for a library chuckle. To be honest, I chose feeds that didn't have too many updates, and that's a good thing. I still have quite a few to go through. But it is easy to find what I'm looking for -- I start reading the headlines that appeal to me and just start reading. It's a very nice way to keep current, without filling up my email box with listserv postings -- which I love -- but there's so much pressure to keep the inbox from getting too full at school!
I like this tool -- it's convenient for having all the latest school library news delivered to my virtual door.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment