Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thing 14 -- Technorati

My first thought when I read the description of Technorati was, "Good Lord, what do I possibly have to contribute to the blog world?" I was imagining someone reading my musings and laughing -- sharing with others, but in a bad way: "Look what she uses ____ for! Can you believe that???" I am enjoying my web 2.0 journey but feel I am such a novice, not quite where I should be or will be. But, let me explore ...

So far, I think technorati is a great way to see blogs organized, without going too far to search for them. The popular sites and tags are right there. I'm surprised at what some folks are blogging about -- but, to each his/her own.

I like tagging. I get worked up about coming up with a tag. I like tags to be specific. I guess I'm occasionally worried, 'Is this the right tag' ... or 'what would other librarians do' with this site/item? My main point is that I know what I've tagged, so I can find it again. I get hung up on cataloging thoughts -- making sure my delimiters and dots are in the right spaces. AACR doesn't have a thought on tagging yet, right, or FERBR? Hee hee ... even talking about tags, I see the 'labeling' option for this post. I think I'll just stick with the title -- Thing 14.

No comments: