YouTube! It's fun for all ages. My children's friends tell them all the time about the 'funny thing they saw on youtube'. They look for videos (with me watching over their shoulders). I look for videos. Back at Thing 17 -- I went looking for videos to jazz up a lesson or two. That prompted me to reacquaint myself with discovery streaming videos, too. But, back to You Tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxT5NwQUtVM This cracks me up. The Mom advice sung to the tune of the William Tell Overture. I'm thinking of writing one for the school library. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEvy-9yVyQ Nothing library here -- it's Singing in the Rain ... the big song/dance number. It never fails to bring a smile to my face. I went looking for some old commercials ... found some classics. I went looking for the Heatmiser/Snowmiser song from the old Christmas special, The Year without a Santa Claus and found a version by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy -- I've always liked those guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMjAf8Nwohs In another shout out to Susan Hefley -- she used a youtube video to explain how a wiki works, for those of us novices. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dnL00TdmLY I've recommended this video to many friends. Well, those who are interested in such things. At a meeting at my children's' school this year -- a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsAqh2Pxg0A was used to explain Response to Intervention. I liked this video thank you to a school librarian http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwlt9og5KJY. There are so many uses. I guess I see myself using these to get attention -- before a topic. While we're talking about school libraries, I want you to see this. It's very well written and done. Could be a recruiting commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8dSUSxpyeE But I do like to see a well written, well produced video. There are a lot of library related videos. I've spent a lot of time searching, watching ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgSlpPUEAbo oooh -- a Dewey Decimal System -- not bad. I've added quite a few videos, I like searching. I need to have a lot of time for this sort of thing. I picked some of the best that I've seen. I think the educational ones -- like the explaining Wiki ones -- are great tools. There's a lot of junk out there too -- but I don't bother with that. Use and enjoy -- but block out some time for it!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment