Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thing 21.5 -- Podcasts Continued

I guess I could see putting together a podcasts. I can see this being helpful for student teachers and new teachers at school. I can see using podcasts as a tool to let students and parents know what's going on in the library over the summer. I would want to keep them short -- if you're reading this, you know my attention span is short. See my YouTube entry if you need refreshing on that! I know people don't have a lot of time.
I can also see using podcasts to get kids involved. I did enjoy listening to some 4th grade projects, where they teamed up to explain what they've learned on various topics. That I found enjoyable and nice for parents and the community to listen to.
If I've gotten over my hesitation on blogging, it's only natural that podcasting be my next arena. I'm sure the 2-fans of my former college radio show -- VM-FM, 91.5 at Marywood College, back in the 90's -- I was 'The Fresh Queen of Dead Air" on Sunday afternoons during the school year -- would love to listen to what I've put together. I would mix 80's and 90's alternative/modern rock with library musings, book talks and whatever else I'm doing.
After going through the podcast creation information, I think this could really happen. Once I'm done with my 23-things ... this is on my other list of Things to do ...

No comments: