Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing 8: RSS Feeds

I had heard about RSS feeds during a Librarians Network Meeting at NEIU 19 in March, but didn't really do anything about RSS feeds until today. This appears to be very convenient. The news I want is delivered to me. I'm kind of a news junkie. I chose a New York Giants feed, of course, Unshelved the library comic, NPR Education news, a School Library Media blog, Library Bytes -- for book reviews -- and Library Education and a Harry Potter feed and that's just to start. It's very nice to see the information in the Google Reader -- easy to navigate and find the feed you're looking for. Of course, it's only the first day of this experiment. Can I have too many items in my folder? I may have to scale back. I tried to pick feeds that didn't have too many entries each week -- how can I keep up with hundreds? As you can see, I've sure been taking my time with the 23 Things! I did enjoy the YouTube video on RSS feeds. I chose a second one called "RSS in Plain English" and found it very informative and it was ... well, very easy to understand.

Where do I sign up for sale news for RSS??? I want the latest from Talbots, Lands End, Old Navy, The Gap, J.C.Penney, Coldwater Creek, Target ...

No comments: