Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Life long learning habits
Hi! This assignment was due a few weeks ago, but it has been on my mind, even if not in my blog. The Habits of Highly Effective Learners came up in another class I'm taking, in the concept of backward design. Having the goal or standard in mind in our planning makes it go much better. I really connected with Habit 1: Begin with the end in mind. I really liked that this will keep you on track and your goal can be modified with the end in mind. Habit 2: I feel I am accepting responsibility for my learning. I am amazed at how much I have learned since leaving school and becoming a school librarian. I learn in class, from my colleagues and the mentors I've picked up along the way. Asking questions is one way that I've taken responsibility for my continuing education. I really have a hard time with Habit 3: view problems as challenges. Problems are just that, problems. They hold me down and cause me consternation. I never used to be like that, but, with so many plates to juggle, it just happens sometimes. With habit Number 5 -- my learning toolbox -- my gosh, I keep adding to it. It's a great resource to have and helps with Habit 3 -- those problems that pop up! I love Habit 6 -- use technology to your advantage. It just gets easier all the time -- there are so many great tools out there. Please tell me about your favorites! The other area I had a hard time with -- put it in writing -- boy, it really makes sense --we have contracts with lots of people in lots of areas, perhaps lifelong learning is another area deserving this attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment