Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Session 3

I know I have some ground to cover. I think Flckr is a great tool. I'd like to organize my pictures that way ... I figure my dinosaur of a computer won't hang around that much longer, and putting my photos on Flckr would be a good move. I liked the idea of sharing that way, instead of clogging up inboxes with pictures. I think it would be convenient to have an online place to find the pictures I'll need to do my work -- PowerPoints and other projects -- all in an accessible way.

The other item I started using is ClassMarker and Survey Monkey. Not new by any stretch of the imaginiation, but relatively new to me. I'd taken surveys on Survey Monkey. I designed a couple of quizzes to use with my students. It was part of an assessment class I'm taking. I really enjoy these classes -- there are so many wonderful tools out there to use. There were a few drawbacks to ClassMarker -- I liked how the order of quiz questions were mixed up -- so kids sitting next to each other would not be answering the same questions at the same time. I did NOT like how the order of the answers were jumbled. It only made 'all of the above' look silly, when it appeared as the first choice or in the middle of the list. I think these tools -- Survey Monkey and ClassMarker would be good choices to help assess where students are at before or after a unit of study. Also, to see what they've forgotten over the summer ...

But, back to Flckr ... convenient, fun and flexible. I guess I'm ready to sign up. I should see what ya'll have said on the subject, before I fall for it.

Talk to you soon!

No comments: